The new Toyota Camry Hybrid is the most advanced Camry yet, and while it does have a striking presence, it’s so much more than just a stylish mid-size sedan. It also blends comfort, frugal fuel usage and compromise-free usability. In other words, an ideal set of wheels for on-demand driving.
The long-legged 2.5-litre dual VVT-iE petrol engine is powerful out in the open, and the electric motor in Toyota’s signature Hybrid Synergy Drive provides the instant torque you need in the city when you want to jump away from traffic lights. Meanwhile, the e-CVT transmission ensures a silky-smooth ride and continuous, stepless acceleration. All this state-of-the-art tech results in a combined fuel consumption of just 4.2 litres per 100 km.
Check out some of the other clever features that make the Toyota Camry perfect for ridesharing:
Why drivers love it
- 4.2L/100km combined fuel consumption
- 7″ colour touchscreen multimedia display
- 4.2″ head-up display
- Reversing camera with dynamic guidelines
- Electric power steering and tilt-and-reach steering wheel adjustment
- Electrically adjustable rearview mirrors with side indicators
- Regenerative braking system
- Electronic park brake
- 6-way manual driver’s seat adjustment with power-adjustable lumbar support
- Auto-leveling headlights with automatic high beam, and LED daytime running lights
- Smart entry and start system
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Lane departure alert and pre-collision safety system
- Remote central locking including boot release on remote
- Speed-sensing auto door locks
Why riders love it
- 7 SRS airbags, 5-star ANCAP rating
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Smooth ride due to the CVT transmission and all-speed active cruise control
- 8 beverage holders in the front- and centre armrests and doors
- Digital radio with AUX, USB and Bluetooth input
- 524-litre boot with 60/40 split-fold rear seats
- Stylish exterior, modern and spacious interior
We enable people to make money by driving for on-demand apps such as Uber.
We’re more than a car rental company. In addition to new-model cars and all the essentials to start earning money with Uber as quickly as possible, our members enjoy driver training and dedicated support via a personal account manager, as well as member benefits such as partner discounts and exclusive events.