This article is based on aggregated income data from Splend members in Australia.
The best thing about driving Uber: you can choose when and how much you want to work.
As a result, people drive with Uber for different reasons including:
- Driving with Uber full-time as a professional driver
- Driving with Uber as a second source of income (to supplement a part-time revenue, a pension or other allowance)
- Driving with Uber part-time (if studying, following a passion, etc.)
Your earnings will more or less reflect the amount of time you dedicate to driving, but we advise you to leave room for variables when managing your expectations. Unexpected traffic jams might force you to put in an extra hour or two, but surge pricing during rush hours and sudden weather changes will boost your earnings if you’re lucky.
Below is an estimation of the earnings for an Uber driver who rents a brand new car from Splend.
|Hours per week||Estimated profit, after Uber costs and fuel||Driving a new Kia Sportage on a Splend Uber car rental plan||Your estimated weekly income|
To put these numbers into context, the minimum wage in Australia was $19.40 per hour in 2020 according to Dingoos.com – this amounts to $873 in a 45-hour work week.
Comparison website Finder also published an Uber calculator to address the question; How much can you really make as an Uber driver? This Uber Fare Estimate & Cost Calculator allows you to input your earnings and your costs.
How much do Australian Uber drivers earn by state?
Splend has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Canberra. Therefore, our members are reporting slightly different earnings in each state. Below is a breakdown of the earnings in each of the major cities.
- In Sydney and Melbourne, some professional drivers who rent their cars from Splend make up to $1,500 – $2,000 per week driving Uber, earning $40+ per hour at peak times.
- In Brisbane, some of our pro drivers earn over $35 per hour at peak times, making up to $1,250 – $1,500 per week with Uber.
- In Perth, some Splend members earn up to $1,000 – $1,500 per week with Uber.
Splend provides every member with a dedicated Member Success Representative, whose job is to ensure you’re the most profitable Uber driver you can be. These colleagues there to guide you through the process of becoming an Uber driver and take care of your car servicing needs.
We enable people to make money by driving for on-demand apps such as Uber.
In addition to new-model cars and all the essentials to start earning money with Uber as quickly as possible, our members enjoy driver training and dedicated support via a personal account manager, as well as member benefits such as partner discounts and exclusive events.