Since launching in India in 2010 Ola has taken the ridesharing market by storm, becoming one of the largest platforms on the market. Now, Ola operates in over 110 cities across India and Australia, and is available in the following locations:
- Gold Coast
Some of Ola’s features for passengers include SOS alerts, lower peaks, and real-time location sharing. For drivers, benefits include:
- Daily payments – you have your earnings in your bank account by the next working day
- SOS button in the app for increased safety
- Introductory commission rate – Ola retains only 7.5% of your fares for the first 30 days, as opposed to the standard 15% commission rate
- 24/7 support via Ola’s helpline
- Free registration
To become an Ola driver in Australia, you need to sign up online. See the details below:
Step-by-step guide to signing up with Ola in Australia
Ola vehicle requirements in Australia
To become an Ola driver you need a car that meets the following requirements, as well as the documents below:
- 2010 model or newer
- Minimum 4 doors
- Minimum 4 passenger seats for the Sedan category
- Minimum 6 passenger seats for SUV category
- Valid registration and insurance
- Certificate of Roadworthiness
Ola driver requirements in Australia
Same as with all rideshare platforms, you need to submit some personal documents to certify that you’re suitable to work as a rideshare driver:
- An unrestricted driver’s licence
– Minimum 6 months of driving experience in SA and VIC
– Minimum 12 months of driving experience in all other Australian states
- Proof of identity – either of the following documents:
– Australian Passport
– Australian Birth Certificate
– Australian Citizenship Certificate
If you present an international passport, Ola may conduct a VEVO check (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) check your work rights in Australia
- Driving record
- Police check
- Driver accreditation (if applicable, depending on your state)
To finalise your application you need to provide your payment information so that Ola can wire your payments. Ola transfers the fares from the day to your bank account by the next day. You need to submit the following details:
- Bank account information
- ABN number
Signing up to drive with Ola
Once you have your documents ready, simply sign up online to drive with Ola. From there you can enter your personal details and agree to the terms and conditions.
After you sign up, Ola’s team will review your information and email you about your application.
How do I contact Ola’s support team?
If you’re having trouble with your application, Ola has a dedicated support team. You can call their 24/7 driver phone support service on 03 8594 1941, or send an email to email@example.com
We enable people to make money by driving for on-demand apps such as Uber.
We’re more than a car rental company. In addition to new-model cars and all the essentials to start earning money with Uber as quickly as possible, our members enjoy driver training and dedicated support via a personal account manager, as well as member benefits such as partner discounts and exclusive events.