Join the thousands of people who are earning a great income driving with Uber in Canberra
Uber driver requirements in Canberra, ACT
1. An Uber eligible car
For a car to be eligible for Uber, it must be nine years old or newer (from the current year’s changeover date, the 30th of June). For example, before the 30th of June 2020, an Uber eligible car must be a 2010 model or newer and after that, 2011 or newer.
The car must also have its ACT registration, four doors with external handles, seat belts for the driver and at least four passengers, and no damage or missing body pieces.
2. Full ACT driver’s licence
You must have a full AU driver’s licence with at least 12 months of driving experience. If it’s not an ACT licence, you’ll need to convert it before signing up.
3. D-condition licence from Access Canberra
You’ll need to upgrade your ACT driver’s licence to a D-condition to drive with Uber in Canberra. Here’s how:
- Apply for a WWVP card (Working With Vulnerable People) at Access Canberra. Processing your application may take 4-6 weeks
- Complete a Commercial Drivers Health Assessment with your GP (General Practitioner)
- Fill in the Rideshare Driver Accreditation and Vehicle Licence Application form
- Have take your car to a licenced inspection centre to obtain an ACT roadworthy certificate
- Take out a comprehensive/third party vehicle insurance for your car
- Ensure you have an active ABN (Australian Business Number)
- Submit your application form and the required documents to the Licence Registration Unit via email to email@example.com or by post to this address: PO Box 582 Dickson ACT 2602.
4. Uber application
You must be over the age of 21 to become an Uber driver in Canberra, ACT, and have a smartphone that’s compatible with the Uber Driver app (iPhone 4s or newer, or any Android device released since 2013).
Apply online to become an Uber driver partner.
How can Splend help me to become an Uber driver?
Splend is more than a car rental company. We provide you with the complete service. This includes helping with your Uber application process as well as ongoing training and support, ensuring you become a successful Uber driver.
Here’s how we can help you:
An eligible car
Splend provides new-model, 5-star ANCAP-rated cars that pass all Uber’s eligibility requirements. Our cars provide maximum comfort and safety for both the drivers and the passengers. This results in high customer satisfaction as well as high driver ratings.
Splend will process your application for you and cover the $50 fee, saving you time and effort.
All Splend cars have comprehensive rideshare insurance, so you’re covered if you ever have an accident. We also provide 24/7 roadside assistance.
All Splend cars have been inspected by Uber, and ready for you to jump behind the wheel and start earning an income.
Sign up to Splend Rent or Rent to own and you’ll enjoy member benefits beyond the wheel, such as receiving goodies for your car, additional income through our referral bonus program, and access to our community events where you can catch up with the latest ridesharing trends and learn new tips and tricks to be more efficient in your work.
We enable people to make money by driving for on-demand apps such as Uber.
We’re more than a car rental company. In addition to new-model cars and all the essentials to start earning money with Uber as quickly as possible, our members enjoy driver training and dedicated support via a personal account manager, as well as member benefits such as partner discounts and exclusive events.
— How do I become an Uber driver in Sydney?
— How do I become an Uber driver in Melbourne?
— How do I become an Uber driver in Brisbane?
— How do I become an Uber driver in Perth?
— How do I become an Uber driver in Adelaide?