Join the thousands of people who are earning a great income driving with uberX in Canberra.
Below are the steps you need to take to join the rideshare revolution in Canberra.
1) Have an eligible vehicle
For a car to be eligible for Uber, it must be nine years or less from the current year’s changeover date, the 30th of June. As an example, before the 30th of June 2018, an Uber eligible car must be a 2008 model or newer and after the 30th of June 2018, an Uber eligible car must be a 2009 model or newer.
For a car to be eligible for Uber, the car must have its ACT Registration, have four doors with external handles, mustn’t have damage or missing pieces of the body and has seat belts for the driver and at least four passengers.
2) You must hold a full ACT Driver’s Licence
You must have held a full Drivers Licence in Australia. Before signing up to Uber, you will need to ensure you have a valid ACT Driver’s Licence with a D-condition.
3) Apply for your D-condition licence with Access Canberra
In order to drive on uberX, you are required to possess a D-condition on your ACT Driver’s Licence. If you don’t already have a D-condition, you will need to follow the steps below to apply for your one:
- Obtain a Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card. Click here to start the process, which can take up to 4-6 weeks.
- You need to complete a Commercial Drivers Health Assessment with a General Practitioner (GP).
- Fill in the Driver Accreditation and vehicle licence application forms. Click here to download.
- Have your vehicle inspected and obtain an ACT roadworthy certificate and ensure you have comprehensive/third party vehicle insurance for your vehicle
- Ensure you have an active ABN
- Submit your application of the required documents to email@example.com OR via mail to Manager Licence Registration, Access Canberra, PO Box 582 Dickson ACT 2602.
4) Sign up to Uber
You must be over the age of 21 to become an Uber driver as well as owning a smartphone (iPhone 4s or newer, Android 2013 or newer).
Click here to apply online to become an Uber driver partner.
How can Splend help me to become an uberX driver?
Splend is more than a car rental company; we provide you with the complete service. This complete service includes helping with your Uber application process as well as providing you with ongoing training and support, ensuring you become a successful Uber driver.
Below are the steps required to become an Uber driver and how Splend can help you.
Have an eligible vehicle
Splend provides its Members with brand new vehicles that pass all Uber’s eligibility requirements. The cars have been tested to ensure the maximum comfort and safety for both the drivers and the passengers, resulting in high customer satisfaction and driver ratings.
Splend can process your Rideshare Application for you, saving you time and effort. Splend will conduct and pay for the $82 Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card required for your application.
All Splend cars have comprehensive rideshare insurance, so you are always covered in the unlikely event that you are in an accident. Splend also provides Members with 24/7 roadside assistance.
All Splend cars have been inspected by Uber and are ready for you to jump behind the wheel and to start earning an income.
Splend rents vehicles to Uber drivers in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, and Newcastle.
If you want to know how more about how Splend can help you become an Uber driver, give our team a call on 1800 775 363.